Sunday, October 23, 2011

Happy Halloween - Disney Style

Happy Halloween from the Happiest Place on Earth!




Thursday night we decided to go....Friday afternoon we were off on our Halloween adventure!
We figured it was probably our last chance to go to 
Disneyland when it is all decorated for Halloween. 
So, we seized the day! Carpe Diem!

Jackson loved it. 
More specifically he liked the Dumbo Ride!


And he hated Roger Rabbit's Toon Car Ride.
See that look of terror on his face?
Since the last time I went on that ride was in 3rd grade, I didn't quite remember the scariness. 


But Jackson quickly recovered and thoroughly enjoyed the new Ariel's Underwater Adventure


He wasn't quite a fan of Haunted Mansion, and Small World broke when we were like 20 people away from getting in the boat. Talk about annoying. He also didn't like the jail cell, 
but loved the firetruck in toon town!
He also loved his monkey backpack with the leash. But...he cried when we met Pluto. 


Our favorite ride was Buzz Lightyear's Intergalatic Mission where we helped 
defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg!!!

Notice the intense looks of concentration on our faces. 
Trent's right eye is even closed so he could better focus on hitting the targets. 
Also notice the scores....I failed. Again. 


We tried several pairs of mickey ears on him, but to no avail. 
They just would not stay on. Translation: Jackson tore them off the second they were on. 
But at least we got a cute picture!


He finally found a Mickey Car that he loved. 
We loved the price tag!
Once we bought it, our little guy would not let it out of his sight! 
Even when he was asleep it was gripped tight in his hands. 
I tried to slip it away once he was out so we wouldn't lose it, and he woke up. 


Halloween is one of my very favorite holidays, so I was ecstatic to see Disney's interpretation. 
It did not disappoint. 
They had these giant Jack-o-lanterns of the main characters on top of the entry gates, 
and main street was lined with over 300 all differently carved pumpkins! 
(I got that fact from the website. I didn't take the time to personally count)

I especially loved the Giant Mickey Jack-O-Lantern 
welcoming you into the park at that start of Main Street. 
At night it was even lit up - spooky!!!




And last but not least, we loved Mickey's Soundsational Parade!
I have never had a seat before at a Disney Parade...we lucked out and got a front row spot!
I loved having front row privileges....it gave you lots of extra perks like a personal wave from Chip and Dale, Shout out from Bert (from Mary Poppins), bum dance from Goofy, and Jackson got a kiss from Minnie!!!


The floats included Rapunzel's tower, Mary Poppins and Bert, Peter Pan and the gang, 
and of course Mickey and friends. 


One of my favorite moments of the day was while we were waiting for the parade to begin. 
Trent took Jackson for a walk, and when they turned the corner I grabbed this precious shot. 


I love my boys.

Here are some other cute shots that I wanted to put on, but am not quite sure where...



We ended our day with the incredible World of Color in California Adventure Park. 
Sorry no pictures....I decided to try to focus on the moment and enjoy life 
not looking through the lens. 

Plus, flash photography would've ruined for everyone else 
and was making me go blind because it was so dark. 
But here are some pictures I stole off of Google!



It was an incredible water work show, done by the same people who designed the Bellagio fountains. 
Add some amazing color, lasers, and images from Disney movies 
projected onto the mist and you've got a show!

Yeah, I cried. It was the perfect ending to a great day at Disneyland. 
And believe it or not, I only took 102 photos. 

2 comments:

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

Only 102? Talk about self-control! :) That looks so fun-everything Disney does is awesome!! That's great you live so close and can make those quick trips!

Alisa said...

I may have done some MAJOR pouting to Elliott on how I wanted to go after reading your post--especially since you took Jackson! Maybe next year after the baby belly disappears ;) So glad you guys got to go and have fun!