I received that 2:00 AM phone call this week that no parent wants to receive.
The minute the phone rang, I knew it had to be about my sweet Max.
The Neonatalogist called to tell me that Max had been diagnosed with Necrotizing Entercolitis (NEC), which is a serious infection of the intestines and bowels. He was transported by ambulance to a specialty children's hospital, where he is under close supervision.
He will be in the NICU for at least another 1 1/2 - 2 weeks. The Drs. think they have caught it in time, but we would appreciate your continued prayers and support. His condition is stable and it doesn't look like surgery will be needed at this time.
He is receiving nutrients through an IV.
Unfortunately his veins are so little they are having to switch IVs often.
He currently has one through the top of this head.
We love our little Max so much and are so grateful to have him in our lives.
We know that Heavenly Father is aware of his special spirit and is watching over him.
p.s. Yes, I know I look deathly tired.
Probably because I am.
10 comments:
Sweet little baby. I am so sorry. You and your family will be in our prayers and thoughts. :)
He's so cute. I'm keeping his name on the temple roll. I certainly hope and pray you'll have the strength and courage you need to carry you through until he's healthy, strong, and home where he belongs.
We pray for little Max several times a day! We hope he continues to heal. We are glad to see all those pictures of him! He is so sweet!
Oh Sarah, I am so sad to hear this news!! But we will continue to pray for little Max and your family! I hope you can take him home soon!!
We are praying for Max and your family.
Max is such a beautiful little baby. We pray for him constantly, as well as for all your family. Illnesses are tough on everyone. Just know we are thinking about you all the time.
By the way, Kitty Crazy in this case is Janice.
so sorry your little man is so sick! Praying for him and the rest of your family.
Been thinking of your family! Hope you guys are doing ok :) Lots of prayers coming your way!
oh no. I just read this. I will start praying for you guys tonight. Love you!
Post a Comment