Monday, October 31, 2011

All Hallows Eve

Happy Halloween from the Land of Oz!!



To start our Halloween festivities, we carved pumpkins. 
Jackson was fascinated and eager to participate. 


Meet the fruit of our labors...Jackson-O-Lantern!


Malia and Dillon's Halloween party was also a great way to put us in the Halloween spirit. 
Even though Jackson refused to wear his costume, he still had fun 
eating decorating the best Sugar Cookies EVER. 


We also partied at the annual ASDOH Boo Bash. 
Bitter sweet realizing this was our last time attending. 
We loved seeing all our friends dressed up in their amazing costumes.



But nothing can beat our Church Halloween party. 
This is seriously the best party every year!
I am so, so sad that it is our last. 

Jackson loved the tractor ride through the hay field, cake walk, 
bean bag toss, fishing for candy, and of course the swing!


Of course no Halloween is complete with an outing to the pumpkin patch!
Even though Jackson wasn't dressed as a darling pumpkin, like last year (why don't they make those outfits in 2t?), I still thought he was pretty cute. 



This year Jackson loved the corn maze. And the very fuzzy caterpillars!


We are grateful for sweet friends.



On the night of Halloween, our good friends Joe, Kristina, and Allie came over for a spooky meal. 

Our delicious cuisine....
Salad with Rat Poop 
Witch's fingers
Worms in dirt
Cubed tongue, eyes, and goblin ears
Jack-o-lantern pizza
Pumpkin cookies with skull sprinkles, 
Vampire blood with floating eyeballs


We finished our holiday by Trick-or-Treating!
This was Jackson's first time, meaning my first time as a parent going. 
What a neat experience! I can't wait to continue this tradition for the next 15 + years.


Jackson loved it, and he gripped his little bucket oh so tightly. 

And even though he refused to smile in any pictures, Jackson enjoyed the evening. 
Don't believe me? Just look at this "ROAR!!!"


Happy Halloween!!!


5 comments:

Nan and Aaron said...

SO fun!! I loved family themed costumes!

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

I love the Wizard of Oz costumes! So fun!!

Kristi said...

He is soooo cute!

Alli E. said...

Cute Costumes! I loved your "Jackson O Lantern!!"

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

looks like you did Halloween up right. I love your spooky meal. You are so fun.