Friday, March 19, 2010

I Love the Leprechaun!

We had a fantastic day of the Lucky Irish around here! St. Patrick's Day has always been one of my favorite holidays...probably because of that sneaky Leprechaun.

When I was growing up, the leprechaun always hit us big. We would wake up and our faces or fingernails or hair (or all three) would be painted green, one year our dog turned green, and we always had green food. This year was no exemption. When we woke up our entire gallon of milk was green and our toilet water! Then later that day we had an entirely green dinner of green fettucine alfredo (including green noodles, broccoli and green sauce), salad, garlic bread (unfortunately the leprechaun didn't have time to make that green), green juice and our 'pot of gold' yellow jellow! And one cannot forget our green shamrock cake and the delicious Andes mints that lovely leprechaun so generously sprinkled everywhere. Oh boy do I love that little Leprechaun Man.

Another favorite part of this holiday is the fact that we have to wear green. And truth be told... it is very hard for me not to pinch people who don't wear green when walking about on this day. Trent has to hold me down. :) But here we are in our green attire...complete with my gold chunky jewelry, 'lucky girl' socks and lime green shoes I've been saving just for this day!


We finished off the night by watching the Disney Channel Original Movie "The Luck of the Irish". We had to keep the Irish theme going right? I mean any other show just wouldn't have cut it on this special day.

So...Happy St. Patrick's Day!! I hope you all had a day fun-filled day of green!

10 comments:

Kristi said...

I love your enthusiasm! I'm impressed with how the Leprechaun has visited your family. I'm sure your children will love it too!

Alli E. said...

Love the Shamrock cake and fun stories of Leprechauns!!

PJ and Hailey said...

I need to take pointers on how to jazz up my holidays...I just don't get into to the hype or decorating like I would like to. If I'm going to do it I may as well go all out right? Can't wait to hear about your little boy being born! YAY!

Sara said...

Cute green shoes! I only pinched my kids. I need to really step it up. Thanks for the ideas for next year.

jenny said...

Hey! It's my favorite holiday too!! It must run in our blood. What a fun day. Your cake looks aWeSoMe...will you send me a slice?!

Chase said...

haha, I love it that you and Al get so into this day! I predict that you two will take control of the world on this day in the future.....lol....

Chase said...

oh, the toilet water?

Jamie said...

Way to make a holiday like St. Patrick's Day memorable. The cake looks so cute.

Can't wait for baby to arrive in only a few short weeks!

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

I am going to have to copy some of your ideas next year. I remember when my parents told me about how your parents colored you guys green in your sleep.
Good luck with the delivery of your baby. You are going to love being a mom.

ConnieB said...

cripes girl I saw your counter on the side! You are due very soon!!!! I'm so excited for you!