Sunday, March 14, 2010

Got Cake?

During the month of February I decided to return to school.

I went to "Cake Class" and took and Wilton I Methods of Cake Decorating Course at Michaels! And I loved it!!


Each week we made a different cake and iced it at home, then in class learrned different methods of decorating and icing techniques. Then we would decorate our delicious cakes and take them home to devour the round circles of goodness.

The best part? The BABY (not me) loved the cakes!! He would go crazy and kick all over whenever I ate a slice. So...I had to eat more and more so I could feel him, right??

So here are some pictures of my creations...

First Week: Rainbow Cake that says "I love Trent"


Second Week: "It's a Boy!" Cake



Third Week: Rose Cake that says "Sarah and Trent"




Disclaimer: This class may or may not have contributed to my recent weight gain noticed at the Dr. Office. :)


So...anyone want some cake??

12 comments:

Heidi @ Honeybear Lane said...

Yay, your cakes turned out so good! you are a natural decorator. Are you kinda relieved to be done with the class though because it's so tiring, especially with how pregnant you are! And yes, I would like some cake.

Alli E. said...

Those turned out great!!!!

Jennie said...

Woo hoo Beautiful cakes! And it's exciting that you're getting so close to delivery!

Meagan said...

Those look so amazing and delicious! My baby loved ice cream, so I ate A LOT of that so I could feel him:)

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

Mmmm....Delicious! That sounds like a lot of fun! Love your potential baby faces... You're right-I would be scared!! :)

The Wilker Family said...

So fun!!! I've always wanted to learn how to do that and they turned out great!

Jennie said...

Sarah, would you go to my facebook page and check out my photo album titled Jed. There's one picture in there that I think is you and your little sister. Please let me know if I'm right, then I'll add a caption.

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

I do! I have wanted to take a class too. And actually know some techniques. I just do okay with what I attempt sometimes so I haven't but you did good.

Anonymous said...

Ya you found us! :)

Pretty cakes - they look so good!!

Kellen and Erin said...

Good job remembering Cole's birthday! Yep, it was February 7th- two years old! You are looking so darn cute!! I am excited for the little guy to come along! (and hopefully he won't look too much like the potential baby pictures):P

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

I love how all your cakes are "love" cakes! You are the cutest! Thanks for coming and entering the giveaway. Good luck to you and your sweet baby and family!

Chase said...

Hey good job on your class! Wilton is a name thrown around this house a lot! My aunt is always making a cake! I am STILL getting in trouble for getting in the frosting...(but I don't care. It's good..)