Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's Birthday Time!!

It has been Birthday Time around these parts!

Trent and I are exactly 1 week apart. And a few years, of course.

This year Trent requested his favorite homemade ice-cream sandwich cake.
He was so excited to receive his special front-designed-wallet and new glasses.
He also was given a water gun, and matchbox cards which were quickly confiscated by Jackson. 


I was spoiled for my birthday this year. 

Trent splurged and bought me a Tangled Rapunzel Birthday Cake!!!
I just love how her hair is continued in frosting. 


When he went to pick up the cake, the bakery woman said 
"I spelled her name in cursive...will she be able to read it?"

What? Doesn't every 20 + year old get a Princess Birthday cake?

Trent also got me the matching Rapunzel Barbie and some beautiful multi-colored freshwater pearls.
Rapunzel now holds a place of honor on our bookshelf.


Trent also gave me the sweetest shoes I have ever seen.
To be honest, they remind me of Sharpay Evans from High School Musical....


Don't you just love the bling?? I especially love the diamond studded buckle!

We had a small get-together on my birthday with some of my closest friends...


...And their Moms. 


And of course we took advantage of all the birthday freebies we could find!

Thank you to our generous donors....

* Krispy Kreme - 1 dozen donuts
* Joe's Farm Grille - $10 credit
* Joe's BBQ - $10 credit
* Liberty Market - $10 credit
* Sephora Beauty Counter - 'Happy Birthday Beautiful' shower gel/bubble bath
* Red Robin - burger and sundae
* Bahama Bucks - small snow cone
* Sonic - cream slush
Chipotle - Barbacoa Burrito
* Cost Plus World Market - $10 credit

...and these are just the ones I redeemed!

Notice how the majority of the freebies are centered around food...
I think I need to step up my workouts this week to undo some of the damage.

3 comments:

Alli E. said...

You guys are the birthday gurus! Funny about the cursive on the cake and I love your silver shoes! I think I need the recipe for that ice cream sandwich cake of Trents! July birthdays are the best!!

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

All those free goodies on your birthday? That sounds awesome!! I am missing out. HAPPY BIRTHDAY(S)!!!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

Happy birthday guys! I love your birthday cake Sarah! LOVE that the lady asked if you were going to be able to read your name! LOL! Seriously! I would have laughed my head off! ha ha Looks like you guys had a good time! Glad you have such great friends in AZ! :)