Sunday, April 10, 2011

Dear Jackson

Dear Jackson,

I'm finding it hard to believe that I am the Mother of an official toddler. I can't believe you have gone from an infant completely dependent on me and Dad to a boy who likes to figure things out himself.



I'm a little in shock that you, who once loved to do nothing but sleep in my arms, now like to pull everything out of my purse, take the trash out of the trash can, and look for adventures in my kitchen cupboards.


I'm a little amazed that you already have such a strong personality. My little drama King. The Pediatrician even agrees. And yes, we all know that you crave our 100% undivided attention.



I have absolutely loved dressing you up in every embarrassing outfit I could find, and taking advantage of any photo opportunity I could possibly come up with.








I'm a little bit in awe of all that you have accomplished in just 12 short months. You even have six teeth! That's a bit of a big deal in our family. And you better believe we brush them. With special baby toothpaste.


We have had so many fun adventures, and I am so looking forward to many, many more.


I'm flabbergasted that we used to go to playgroup so I could get more adult interaction. Now we go because you like to play with your friends. And because I still need more adult interaction.


I cherish the sweet moments we have had gazing into each other's eyes and cuddling on the couch and giggling together. I remember them often during the crazy moments when there is poop running down both sides of your legs, or when you hide my cell phone in the fridge, and then throw my camera in the toilet. My new camera is now waterproof.



But most of all I am so grateful Heavenly Father trusted me and your dad with your special spirit. I know you are a special son of God, and that He loves you. And oh, so do I Jackson.



I love pinching your sweet little legs and kissing those sweet chubby cheeks! 23 pounds of love! Your mega-watt smile, as I like to call it, completely and utterly melts my heart.








In other words, I can't believe my sweet Jackson Boy turned one last week!


Happy Birthday Sweet Boy!!!

11 comments:

Alisa said...

I SO love this post, Sarah! Congratulations on turning one, Jackson! He is a doll, and I think Beckett would absolutely love playing with him!

salena said...

this was such a sweet post!
jackson is such a cute little boy, i cant believe how fast the first year goes by & how much they change in it. just wait til jackson is 5 & you watch videos of him as a newborn, it makes you so sad how fast they grow! :)

happy birthday jackson!

Alli E. said...

Very cute post & very cute Jackson! I love the part about dressing him in embarrassing outfits. But he always looks so adorable!!

Alli E. said...

Very cute post & very cute Jackson! I love the part about dressing him in embarrassing outfits. But he always looks so adorable!!

Melissa said...

Great post! He really is growing up so fast! I agree that he has a mega-watt smile. Happy first year!

Meagan said...

How fun! What a adorable boy! One already!? Where does the time go? So sweet post!

Cason and Katie Jo Chambers said...

Happy Birthday Jackson!! You are a lucky boy to have such a fun mommy and daddy!!

Nan and Aaron said...

So sweet. He is so adorable!

Brittany said...

Dang you for making my get choked up! JK Happy Birthday Jackson!

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

He is so darling!!! I loved all the pictures! Can not believe he is already one! Time flies doesn't it???

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

This post was way fun to look at all the pics of how he has grown. I still have never even met him. he is so cute. We love that name too. Are you going to be at the family reunion this summer? you should be its at your house. Hope so.