Sunday, February 7, 2010

The big 30

Is not how old I am. But rather how old our baby is. I'll be 32 weeks Tomorrow!! He is still kicking all the time and I absolutely love watching my stomach grow and move all over. He's not very good about kicking on demand though...I'm afraid I might have a stubborn child on board. :) For example: If he kicks I'll say "Trent...he's kicking. Come feel!" He'll rush over...and baby stops. So then the instant Trent moves his hand off...baby kicks me. What a little tease. So now I have figured out if I whisper to Trent the baby will usually keep kicking. Trent loves feeling it too, and he does get to feel baby quite a bit.

Here are some pics of me at 32 weeks...even though I want to crop my face out of it we both think my tummy is pretty cute.





In other news...we went to Luke AFB with our friends a few weeks ago and had a nice time exploring the shops and posing with the airplanes. We are so grateful that Trent received the AF scholarship and are excited for the future when he will eventually work on base after graduation.



And in other, other news...Trent's Grandpa Dave had a birthday recently so we took him out to dinner and then to go get his dozen free donuts at Krispy Creme!! He loved it...possibly more than the Hillary Clinton mask and voodoo doll we gave him for Christmas last year. We sure love Grandpa and are grateful to have him nearby.




And in other, other, other news...January was a good month to us. We got our baby furniture, hosted a Miss America party, and loved watching the Bachelor every week with our friends. Hope you're all doing well!

p.s. Any good tips to fighting back against evil heartburn????

10 comments:

Sara said...

My babies never kicked on demand either. I would call Dale over and then the kicking would stop! I saw you at church today....you a cute pregnant person!

Eat several small meals during the day instead of three large ones. This will help reduce the pressure on your stomach and help ease the digestion process.


Avoid foods that are spicy or overly fatty, as this can contribute to heartburn in pregnancy.


Always eat at least one hour before laying down at night. Laying down shortly after eating will contribute to heartburn. Some women find they feel best if they allow at least two hours between eating and laying down, whether for a nap or for bedtime.


Eat plenty of yogurt or try some milk if you experience frequent heartburn. These foods can help reduce heartburn symptoms.


Avoid drinking lots of fluids during meals, which can distend your stomach and contribute to heartburn.


Try chewing some gum after meals, which may help neutralize stomach acids and reduce heartburn.


Avoid caffeine and carbonated beverages that can also contribute to heartburn.


Avoid wearing clothes that are too tight or that pinch at the waist. This can also contribute to heartburn.


Avoid spices and hot sauces as well as certain condiments including ketchup or mustard.


Avoid tomato and tomato based products including marinara sauce, which for some may contribute to heartburn.


Try mixing some honey with your milk, which can also ease the burn and discomfort of heartburn.

The Wilker Family said...

Those are all great tips and I didn't ever eat anything spicy or exciting and had horrible heartburn every night. My doctor said that taking Pepcid was totally ok, since Tums are so mild they didn't do anything for me. So I took Pepcid almost every night during the last few months. It helped enough for me to be able to sleep at night. It worked for me!

Unknown said...

Tums and a glass of milk always took away my heartburn!

stephani said...

Oh Sarah, you are so sweet. I appreciate that. Hopefully someday this will all pay off and I will be just as cute pregnant as you are! You look amazing!! I am so thrilled for you guys! Have you decided on any names yet?

Jennie said...

You're looking good! We're really excited for you.

Kellen and Erin said...

I can't believe you're this far along! It's weird to see you this big! I was the prego heartburn queen! The only thing that worked for me was to take pepcid ac. And I would take usually about two a day. Tums never worked and neither did prevacid, and I just never wanted to try to avoid certain foods....so if all else fails try some pepcid! You're looking great by the way!!!

Tiffany said...

I loved the Tums while I was pregnant, but only the smoothie ones. I couldn't eat just regular, because they were so chalky. You are such a cute little prego girl. You are on the home stretch though....so you'll meet the little cutie sooner that you think. Enjoy!!

Brea said...

Oh Sarah you baby bump is just too cute! How exciting...

Atkinsons said...

You look great! I had killer heartburn too...it was the worst during the evening and nights. I kept rolaids/tums and ate them like candy haha. I wasn't about to give up my favorite foods to try to control heartburn....when it probably wouldn't have helped that much anyway. Hang in there!

Unknown said...

Love the blog. I'm a new comer! I thought for sure I was the only one who had a baby move so much. I thought for sure if everyone had babies move so much everyone would talk about it more because it was constant for me. I guess I'm NOT the only one