Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Favorite Valentine's Day!

My wonderful Valentine's Day started out when Trent surprised me with breakfast in bed!! Then he went out to study...and my normal Saturday started. I thought I would attempt to be a good housewife and did some cleaning and got some laundry started. The washer stopped, and I was dreading putting the clothes in the dryer. I finally forced myself to do it and was throwing the clothes in when something caught my eye...I peeked in and found the blessings of doing laundry...3 teddy bears, a box of chocolates, and a chocolate rose!!!




Trent later told me he didn't think I would find them because he usually has to force me to do laundry...

I got Trent a new pair of shoes, and a secret book with a hidden compartment! He opened the book and was so excited for a giant book...and then he opened it up to find a poem written by yours truly and Mission Impossible 3!! My poem, entitled "Why do I love you?" talked about how Trent has succeeded in the impossible mission to love me and I tried to put to rhyme the reasons why I am so grateful he's my eternal companion.




We finished off the night by going to the temple. What better way to share love on Valentine's day then by showing love for our ancestors in doing their work! We had a great experience and we both felt very peaceful and grateful for where we are in life.

It was a perfect Valentine's Day!!

5 comments:

Alli E. said...

Trent, you are so sweet!! If my husband did that I woulnd't have foudn them until next Valentine's Day...Oh wait that would be if he put them near the stove or anywhere in the kitchen!!!

Sara said...

Sounds like an awesome V-day!

Albertson Family said...

What a cute idea that Trent did for you.

Brea said...

That is so sweet... I am glad to know that I am not the only one who hates doing laundry! believe it or not, Brint is better at it than I am. He's great!

ConnieB said...

i love valentines day- it's so fun to see what the guys will do!