Sunday, September 19, 2010

Extreme Makeover: Extreme Memories!

Goooood Morning Blogging Family!

No, this is not Ty Pennington, but he did say this to one deserving family from my home town of Pocatello, ID. If you have never watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (EMHE) you need to...like now. It is a  wonderful show where a design team comes in and builds incredible homes for heroic/needy families. It is a very touching show, and Jackson and I love watching it.

The family they chose in Pocatello is a wonderful, deserving family and they built a beautiful house for them. It was such a neat experience...and I got to volunteer!! Yahoo! 

* here I am in my volunteer shirt. oh yeah...the smallest size they had was an XL *

So as a volunteer I did....well...not much. Since I volunteered on the demolition day there really wasn't much I could do to help, so we got to be extras for footage basically. So look really close for me when they show people marching and cheering down the street and when Ty is talking to the designers and there is a white work tent behind them...because that's where they filmed my group of volunteers working. 

But funny/embarrassing story...I really wanted to meet at least one of the designers, (Those present were Paul DiMeo, Ed Sanders, and Jillian Harris from the Bachelorette) so I waited for my opportune moment when they were free so I could introduce myself. Well I saw Paul introduce himself to somebody, so yes I was rude, but I interrupted and asked if I could shake his hand. He looked at me like I was some Idaho hick or something, shook my hand and then completely ignored me. Yeah, I felt pretty stupid. Especially after I walked away and then turned around to realize that they had been filming a scene and I completely walked in front of the cameras to shake his hand!! Augh!! Talk about embarrassing!! So...moral of the story is look for me in the bloopers. 

Here are some more cool pictures of the build. The show should air sometime in October or November so look for me then. I'll be the cute one in the blue shirt and white hat....just like everyone else. 

* This is the house before demolition (the one on the left). That's Ty in the white shirt and hat! *

* My sisters and me in front of the house - mid-week *

So my sister Katie and I saw them demolish the house, went mid-week, and then returned for the "Move that Bus" when the family returned home. It was amazing to see the support and the incredible finished product! After the family went inside, they let the crowd surround the house and we got super close to the front porch, where we got some of the designers to 'pose' for us...

* The crowd for "Move that Bus!" *

* Designer Ed posing for the cameras *

On our way back to our car, Katie and I walked past the Limo that the family arrived in...we just couldn't miss this photo opportunity!


It was such a neat experience, I know a lot more about the family, house, and the entire process...but I don't want to ruin it for you. You'll just have to watch the episode. But the best part of all was I not only did I get to see Jillian Harris who I watched on the Bachelorette, but I got to be within five feet of Ty Pennington, someone who I have been watching on TV for years. And I saw him take his shirt off...but let me tell you Trent is WAY better looking. :)


7 comments:

Sara and Dale said...

That is so exciting! You are famous! or will be. I hope they show you cutting in, that would be funny yet embarassing for you.

Huke, Lollie, and Gracie! said...

How cool Sarah! That is really neat you got to be a part of it. And I really like your family picture. Today was teh first time I have seen it. You look gorgeous and what a cute happy family you all make. :)

Ashley J @ MommyByDayCrafterByNight said...

So funny that you interrupted the scene!!! Totally sounds like something I would do! ha ha That is so cool that you got to be a part of this! Jeff got to do one in Logan a few years ago but he didn't get any air time on tv so we were all bummed out!! ha ha

Liz said...

coolieo! No worries I would have been too scared to shake hands in the first place! I love that show! That is neat that you got to help :) You guys really have a cute family... hopefully Jackson will get to meet Cami someday! ;)

Erin said...

Cool!! How fun is that! And your embarrassing moment is so funny...at you expense, but still funny right??? We love you guys!

Brea said...

that is seriously AWESOME! I love that show! It makes me cry every time... ahhh....

Kristi said...

How exciting! I couldn't think of a better person to go help out!