Our incredible weekend started with our car doing just fine...until we were 14 miles outside of Kingman, AZ. A little town in the middle of nowhere. Trent had Sally (our trusting chevy)serviced with a brand new battery 2 days before. We were cruising...loving the freedom of driving in the middle of nowhere with just us...and then our car turned off and the gas went down...and we were stranded. One hour, tow truck, policeman, grouchy Sarah,and headache later we arrived in Kingman AZ and dropped our car off at the mechanics that the tow company set up a stupid monopoly with that takes advantage of people like us.
So after we dropped off our car, we set off walking up and down the street in Kingman trying to find a decent hotel. After 30 minutes of that we were faminshed and walked over to Sonic. After ordering, the lovely waitress rolls out on her skates and informs us that "our computers have crashed" and they can't process our order. Then they decide that after all they can...but they have to use calculators and add up each individual order's cost by using the huge billboard, sharpies, and computer paper. Finally after 30 minutes there, we settle into our hotel. But, ten minutes too late to use the pool. Augh!
The next day we get the diagnosis: the fuel pump gave out. So...a lot of money later we got it fixed and finally headed off to St. George.
So in St. George we went to Annie at Tuacahn. It was so good - but my favorite part was the finale when we all stood up and sang "Tomorrow!" together. Priceless.
Then...we went to the GrANd CaNYon with my family!! It was so fun...and no one fell in so it can be considered successful!
We ended our adventure here in AZ where we crammed all 9 members of my family into our 2 bedroom apartment! We had a nice time visiting the temple, swimming, and introducing them to our adopted family and friends here.
We had a great time and are so grateful for family and friends!! Thanks Mom, Dad, Jeff, Katie, Ryan, Cody, Hailey, Hannah, Allison, Justin, Josh, Brock, Hadley, Delaney, and Trent for a wonderful weekend!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!
7 comments:
It was cool meeting your family at church! Your sisters helped me find sneaky little Embry, too:)
Cool pictures at the grand canyon!
What? Is this the time that you said you might come visit us? Why didn't you? Did you not have to stop adn stay in Vegas since st. george was so close. I be that is why. but I still wish you would have. We love to have you any time. I love the way you described your car story but I didn't love the story for you. Sorry about all that.
I hate car troubles and money!
Sounds like a fun time was had by all. Well, except the whole car issue. :(
I love the one of all the kids lined up in order!
It is so great to see your whole family again!!--(even if it's just online.)
Keep in touch!
car trouble is the worst! Sounds like you had a blast otherwise!
BTW, I miss you guys and the ward a lot! We never got to have you guys over for dinner /:
sara--I don't have your email but I am having a girl night, mostly ward members...movie night on august 20th at 8pm, my house. You're invited!
Post a Comment