We sailed on the Carnival Elation from San Diego. We left Thursday, spent the entire day Friday in Ensenada, sailed back to San Diego all day Saturday, and arrived back Sunday morning. We went with our friends Ashlie and Steve from Dental School and had an incredible time!!!
Here are some cool pictures of us on the Elation...What a ship!
DAY ONE - THURSDAY
We had the usual Life boat/jacket drill...and may I just say that Trent looks extremely attractive in a lifejacket???
One of the benefits of a cruise is that all the FoOD is fREe! (technically you already paid for it, but I keep telling myself it's free) We had unlimited Pizza and icecream and hot chocolate 24/7, and yes we did take advantage of that. We also had unlimited choices of the extremely elegant dinners...Steve ordered 2 starters, 2 main courses, and 2 desserts every night. I ordered 2 desserts because the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake is a staple, but you also have to try something new right? Trent ordered a lot too, and I was proud of him for eating his vegetables and even trying Salmon!!!
Here we all are at dinner...
And Trent and I posing with all of our (meaning the 4 of us) desserts! Yes, I am now refusing to get on a scale until AFTER my rendevous with the gym...
Our Room was SwEEt...it had two large portholes for us to stare out of every day/night...and our housekeeping lady made us towel animals everynight complete with chocolate mints on our pillows that we love oh so very much.
Our Towel Frog (The chocolates are his eyes)
Our Portholes!
The ship had several shows, including a comedian, the Elation singers and dancers, and a hypnotist. Here we are chilling in the elegant Mikado Lounge where we were entertained...
DAY TWO - ENSENADA AND LA BUFADORA
On Friday we spent the day in Ensenada, Mexico!! First we took a tour down to la Bufadora, one of 3 major blowholes in the World. When the tide hits just right, spray can shoot up to 35 feet in the air. Basically the ocean's equivalent of Old Faithful.
La Bufadora in Action (If you look close you can see Star Fish on the rocks)!
It didn't shoot up 35 feet for us, but we still got some awesome pics overlooking the ocean and the Mexican Dancer guy who was blowing on one of those large conche shells.
Then we went sHoPPinG at the MExIcAN fLea MArKetS!!! Trent is quite the barterer and here are a few of the goods...
NACHOO!!!
My Beautiful Shell Necklace and Authentic Handmade Mexican Skirt
Our Mexican Sombrero!
We also went touring around Ensenada...in a real live Mexican Horse Carriage!
Savoring a Real Mexican Churro that was filled with Dulce de Leche in the center!
Trent posing with the 500 Pound Mexican flag and golden heads of past political leaders.
Friday Night was also Elegant Night...here we are strutting our stuff!
We ended the night by first watching Sea Lions poke their heads out of the dark water in the bay and then soaking in the hot tub on the back deck while watching the lights of Ensenada fade away into as we sailed into the distance and darkness of the ocean. It was INCREDIBLE!
DAY THREE - FUN DAY AT SEA
We spent Saturday on the ship all day. Our ship was wicked cool and had 4 hot tubs, 2swimming pools, waterslide, Olympic track, and a 9-hole miniature golf course!
A Good View of part of the Ship...
Putt, Putt...I got a hole in one!
We participated in "On Deck for the Cure" and walked a mile on the cruise ship in the middle of the Pacific Ocean for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. I have always wanted to do that and it was literally a dream come true!
Just lounging around on the deck
The Cruise also spoiled us with a Chocolate Buffet!! Can you say Heaven? Complete with fondue, 7+ different types of cake (including chocolate sushi), and an ice-cream swan (see picture) it was pure bliss!
We also watched the Hairy Chest Competition (I'll spare you the details and pictures) and an ice-carving demonstration. It truly was an incredible ship!
Saturday night they had the Red Vs. Blue Dance-Off Competition!! Just picture a Stake Dance on steroids on the top deck of a cruise ship...and it'll be just like you were there. It was so fun! I didn't get great pictures, but these are what I did snatch. Basically odd numbered cabins were red and even numbered were blue. Stu, our Cruise director taught us some pretty rockin' dance moves and danced like there was no tomorrow! We were in a congo line that went all around the cruise ship and then had an actual hand jive, shopping cart, lawnmower dance move competition!!
After the dance party we went out onto the deck to cool off, and saw about 20 animals (I'll say they were dolphins) swimming by and jumping out of the water. It was really neat to see even though we weren't 100% sure what they were.
Afterwards Trent and I climbed up to the 13th Deck and overlooked the entire ship and also the dark expanse of the Ocean. It really is incredible what the Lord has created for us.
Some other fun pictures...
Our Ship was truly incredible. Even though this picture is fuzzy, it is of the main part where you can see all 12 levels, golden elevators, and the lights sparkling. There was a piano bar in the center and we're standing on the grand central staircase
Laast but not least, we just HAD to get the cool hot pink cups that everyone else was drinking out of...don't worry we bought just the cup and not the alcoholic drink that usually came in it!
We truly had an incredible time and are so grateful we were able to go. We also met a lot of people from Idaho and Utah, a group of Dental students from UNLV, a group of students from LDS Business College, and my old roomate's Aunt who was also one of my Dad's good friends in HighSchool...It truly is a small world.
We loved our Spring Break!!!
8 comments:
That is so cool! Enjoy all of those fun trips that you get to do while you don't have any kids!
Oh I am so jealous! It looks like you guys had a great time and much needed break from school! All of your pictures are great too! Glad you had fun!
How fun! Wish we could have gone too. You two would be blast to go on a vaction with!!
How fun! Looks like you got to do tons of fun stuff.
We went on this cruise for our honeymoon, but I think you guys saw alot more of the sites than we did (*wink)
How exciting Sarah... I am so jealous!!! I want to go on a cruise SO bad!!! Looks like you guys really enjoyed yourselves! :)
Such a fun cruise!! I went on that one for my senior trip:-) The chocolate buffet is to die for!!!
You guys know how to have fun! And I love the random connections made at things like this-who would've thought?? You guys will have to update us personally sometime:)
Hey Sarah, this is Mandy Stearman from the ward, and bunco night, and I'm your new VT. Looks like you guys had a blast! I'm a little envious~ I would love to go on a cruise some day! Anyway, I've tried calling you and left you a message and tried emailing you. I heard that you weren't feeling so well and wish that I could have gotten a hold of you to come pay you a visit! I've been thinking about you, and Please let me know if I can do anything for ya! HOpe to talk to/see you soon! P.S. We missed you at the last bunco night, but I'm sure the cruise was WAY more fun! Here's my email: misssmgmack@hotmail.com
Post a Comment