Thursday, October 9, 2008

Any Other Way Is Madness

Trent and I were enjoying a wonderful session of conference when President Monson announced the next speaker would be Lawrence E. Corbridge. We gasped with excitement because he was Trent's Mission President!!!


We were excited in April when he was called to be in the 70, but that pales in comparison with our reaction when President Corbridge stood up to speak at the pulpit. After calling our families, grandparents, and texting mass txts to good friends telling them they better pay attention because we would quiz them after, we took several pictures with Trent and the TV holding up his mission plaque and other mission items. Trent served in Santiago, Chile North Mission. President Corbridge is now an area 70 over Chile.

It was an excellent talk about how Jesus Christ is the only true way, any other way is madness. Trent recognized the talk as one he had heard in the mission field. He could tell that at first President was nervous, but knew it the instant that he calmed down and got "in the zone". Trent served as an AP, so he knew President Corbridge pretty well.

All in all, it was so neat to see someone we knew (someone who came to our wedding reception) speak at conference! Conference was wonderful, and I felt the spirit and heard things I needed to hear. I am so grateful for our prophets, apostles, and our membership in this church!

4 comments:

Marques said...

I bet that was cool to see Trent's mish prez speaking at conference...Oh, by the way, I hope you went to that Hall and Oates concert. :)

Brandon,J'lene, Kamiah,Braelyn, Chelsea, Aussie said...

I agree it is so fun to listen to someone you know personally. President Bednar( quorm of the twelve) was the president of BYU- Idaho when I went And my FHE group was priveleged to have FHE with him and his wife!!I spoke to him in person and I think I even got a hug!! BOy do I feel special(Just kidding) Anyways it looks like Trent was pretty pumped how fun!!

Jennie said...

How exciting for you. I always feel that way when Elder Ballard speaks; we served on the Salt Palace Board together. I was also thrilled to hear Barbara Thompson speak at the women's conference. She's a former neighbor and young Women's leader for our girls.

Kellen and Erin said...

Oh my goodness I love the pictures of trent with his mission president! You guys crack me up.